- Contentious and non-contentious insolvency proceedings and restructurings
- Debt recovery
- Recovery of receivables
Selected Team Credentials:
- Coordinated a large number of lawsuits on behalf of an important retailer in its capacity of obligee, in a series of complex insolvency proceedings;
- Advising and assisting a voucher-issuing company on the recovery of debts from its clients undergoing insolvency proceedings, including formalities of registration of request to the creditors’ list, assessment on the possibility to recover debts and envisaged outcome;
- Advising a leading bank as regards the potential transfer of properties owned by a company under insolvency as part of a going concern;
- Advising and representing a major credit institution in relation to actions on recovery of receivables worth more than EUR 4 million held against corporate clients, including legal assistance in insolvency procedures, in enforcement measures and in other related disputes;
- Advising and representing a major credit institution in a complex insolvency procedure commenced against one of Romania’s largest company in the field of performance of turn key mechanical projects (such as design, manufacture, assembling and erection of technological equipment, storage tanks and double wall tanks for fuel distribution stations, piping systems etc.);
- Advising and representing one of the largest energy companies in SEE in a complex insolvency procedure of one of the largest producers in the chemical industry in Central and Eastern Europe. The mandate included successful consecutive lifts of suspension in respect to the client’s secured receivable and consecutive partial capitalization, during the insolvency procedure and prior to the capitalization of other creditors’ receivables, of the goods securing the receivable – greenhouse gas emissions allowances (carbon certificates);
- Assisting one of the largest retail company in an insolvency procedure against a mall developer;
- Advising and assisting a major European credit institution and investor in the acquisition of several non-performing loans portfolios. Our work included an extensive and thorough review and assessment of the insolvency cases involving the corporate entities included in the portfolio, as well as drafting the corresponding due diligence reports and providing legal advice to the client for submitting non-binding offers to the sellers;
- Assisting a large Slovakian company based in Romania in an international insolvency procedure against Romanian and German debtors;
- Assisting a real estate fund, as creditor, in relation to the insolvency proceedings of a major real estate developer in Romania (one of the BELROM companies);
- Assisting one of the creditors in relation to the insolvency proceedings of a major chemical plant in Romania;
- Assisting a large Romanian bank, as creditor, in relation to the insolvency of one of their major debtors;
- Assisting a large stone wool producer, as creditor, in relation to the insolvency of various debtors;
- Assisting one of the creditors in relation to the insolvency process of a Romanian stores chain;
- Assisting a large Romanian bank as creditor in relation to the insolvency of a local financial investment services company;
- Assisting one of the creditors on the insolvency procedure of a Romanian company in the drinking water distribution and sewerage services sector;
- Assisting one of the largest financial services providers in Central and Eastern Europe in connection with the insolvency proceedings of a large copper and wire manufacturer;
- Assisting a major printing entity in connection with the international arbitration proceedings against a Romanian counterparty for recovery of commercial claims;
- Assisting a leading German bank in connection with the insolvency of a Romanian electricity distribution company.
One of the possible scenarios for a business in the post-COVID-19 period is insolvency. No matter how gloomy this notion may seem to entrepreneurs, we assure you that now it will be present more than ever in the economic reality. However, you must keep in mind that the risk of launching insolvency proceedings either with respect to your business or with respect to a contractual partner of yours (be it your debtor or your creditor) does not necessarily mean the imminence of bankruptcy. As you probably already know, these two notions are different and we can help you understand them better.
What are the first steps in order to be prepared for what is to come? We expect, as we mentioned, a big wave of insolvencies, payment incapability, renegotiation of contracts and reduction of amounts collected from contractual partners.
To help you limit the negative impact on your business, we have developed a new product specially prepared for the situations we anticipate – Debt Sanitizer 🧴 – a package of measures that can keep you away from the risks of your own insolvency or the insolvency of your contractual partners.