Home » What we are best at » Litigation & Arbitration
- Administrative litigation
- Civil law disputes
- Shareholders disputes
- Employment litigation
- Energy disputes
- Real estate litigation
- Enforcement proceedings
- International and domestic arbitration
Selected Team Credentials:
- Advising and representing a major energy distribution company in a complex dispute initiated by several companies of a telecommunications operating group in relation to the exclusivity granted to the concessionaires of the electricity distribution service in Romania;
- Advising and representing several players acting in the distribution and supply of electricity and gas sector with regard to various disputes against the National Energy Regulatory Authority in relation to tariffs matters and fines applied by the Regulatory Authority;
- Advising and representing a major energy distribution company and other major players acting in the energy sector in several ICC arbitration cases, including in relation to alleged breaches of privatization agreements;
- Advising and representing a significant player acting in the field of oil and gas on a multimillion EUR arbitration case related to a contractual dispute;
- Advising and representing a major retailer in several disputes with an aggregate value of 22 Mil. EUR regarding the termination of certain lease agreements.
- Assisting and representing an important energy player in an antitrust dispute seeking the annulment of a fine applied by the Romanian Competition Council in December 2017 in the first facilitation case on the Romanian market;
- Assisting one of the largest energy providers in the Romanian market in a multimillion-euro ongoing litigation against the largest telecommunication services provider in the country (and, at the same time, one of the largest in Europe);
- Assisting and representing the clients in relation to dawn raids by ANRE and subsequent disputes challenging fines applied by ANRE for alleged market manipulation on the centralised gas platforms. These are among the very few cases where energy companies have been sanctioned for market manipulation. Moreover, our Firm is among the first on the Romanian legal market to take part in proceedings of this kind.
- Assisting and representing a major supplier for electrical technical services in Romania, in connection with an administrative dispute against the Romanian Court of Accounts regarding the challenge against the administrative deeds issued by the defendant, sanctioning it for alleged breach of various legal provisions in connection with the usage of company’s financial resources, and imposingour client to recover the amounts spent in connection to the alleged breaches.